She’s Just Not That Into You

by Jennifer on February 6, 2012

in Sugar Cookies, Valentine's Day Desserts

Pinit

Truth be told, I’m not a Hallmark-holiday hater. In fact, I’ll take just about any reason to celebrate if it means presents (or great food). Valentine’s Day, though, seems to be a rather brutal holiday. Asking someone to be your Valentine is serious business, the result of which could be incredible joy or crushing disappointment. And, then, there are the ubiquitous conversation hearts. You know – the chalky, sentimental, heart-shaped candies?

(image found here)

They say cute things like “BE MINE,” “TRUE LOVE,” and “LETS KISS [sic]” (I guess proper punctuation is not romantic). But, what if that is not how you’re feeling?¬†Whether it’s his awful hair, questionable¬†hygiene, or habitual bodily functions, even tough love is needed on such a lovey-dovey holiday. The next time he asks you to be his Valentine, give him one of these instead:

They’re easy peasy to make too.

• Heart shaped sugar cookies
  • Pink, purple, yellow and green icing (both piping and flooding consistency) – Or, any colors you want!
  • Dark reddish pink icing (piping consistency)
  • Your wicked sense of humor

Start with your naked cookies.

Outline in your various colors (I used a #2 tip).

Flood!

Let them dry overnight before piping the letters, just to be safe. I used a #2 tip.

My piping skills definitely leave something to be desired – but I’m working on it!

Want your own sarcastic conversation hearts? Order some Bittersweets!

1 Farrah's Kitchen February 15, 2012 at 4:59 pm

LOL I love these, I should’ve made them for my Anti-Valentine sister!!

2 Jennifer February 15, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Thanks, Farrah! Sometimes you just have to be honest with your suitors ;) They would be a great for a “proud to be a singleton” party too!

3 Ang February 17, 2012 at 1:21 pm

These are too funny! I made the traditional conversation heart cookies this year. They were teacher gifts so “u suck” would not have gone over so well! LOL These are cute.

I hear you on the forced romance of V-Day…. as a mom and elementary school teacher though, it can be cute and fun from a kid’s standpoint!

4 Jennifer February 17, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Haha, yes, “U Suck” would not have been appropriate! I’m sure Valentine’s Day is much more fun with kids – I see all of the fabulous crafts on Pinterest for kid’s Valentines and I’m totally jealous that I can’t make them!

5 susie May 6, 2012 at 10:01 am

hahaha! I made some of these, but they did not appear on my blog. My choice of words was not quite as nice as yours! It was sort of cathartic for all those crappy V days during high school and college. Thankfully I have had the same perfect Valentine for 26 years, but my college daughter appreciated my humor!

6 Jennifer May 6, 2012 at 10:37 am

I had one that was a little more…inappropriate? But, I decided against putting it on the blog…maybe I should have included it… :)

{ 1 trackback }