I secretly like Rachel Berry’s wardrobe, despite the constant jabs at her fashion choices. Her clothes are geeky, girly, silly, and awesome. In one of my favorite episodes, Rachel convinces Brittany to dress in her geeky style to boost Rachel’s popularity. The plan goes awry, as it always does, and everyone starts wearing carousel horse sweaters and Brittany gets the credit for starting the trend.
“My carousel horse sweater should make me look like an institutionalized toddler but no – I look hot and smart. I feel like Michelle Obama.” – Santana
Since I can’t knit, let’s make some carousel horse sweater cookies!
- Sweater/shirt shaped cookies (I did not have a cutter for this, so I cut the cookies by hand)
- White icing (a little runnier than piping consistency)
- Red, black, red, and purple icing, or whatever colors you would like (piping and flood)
- Pastry bag, couplers, and #1 and #2 tips
- If using royal icing transfers, you will also need a sheet protector
1. After your cookies have cooled, you can use a food writer (if needed) to draw the collar. Even drawing it, mine doesn’t look perfect, but it helps. I added a dot in the middle to help with the placement of the collar.
2. Pipe the white collar.
3. Now, pipe the rest of the sweater in your chosen color.
4. Flood the cookie, being careful around the collar.
5. If you used a royal icing transfer (instructions here), you can plop it on the cookie while the icing is slightly wet. If you’re piping the carousel horse on the cookie, wait until the cookie is completely dry and use a #1 tip with white icing to pipe.
Cute, cute, cute!
Are you excited for the return of Glee tonight? What do you think happened to Quinn after the car accident? I want to hear your thoughts!
Find more Glee inspired desserts here.