This post brought to you by Nectresse™ Sweetener. All opinions are 100% mine.
I’m not a huge fan of artificial sweeteners. The ones that I have tried always have a bit of an aftertaste, so I’m happy to stick with good ol’ natural sugar.
However, when given the opportunity to try out a new product called NECTRESSE™Sweetener, I decided to give it a shot.
I recognize how important artificial sweeteners are for people who are diabetic or are watching their carbs, and I imagine several of my readers may fall into that category. So, if I could help you find a great tasting alternative to sugar that makes your life easier, by golly, I’m going to do it!
Besides, there is a tasty recipe below that can be made with NECTRESSE™ OR sugar, so stick around. You might learn something!
A little background – NECTRESSE™ sweetener is the only 100% natural sweetener that is made from fruit – monk fruit, to be exact. What is monk fruit, you ask? Google to the rescue! Monk fruit is a small green melon grown in Asia. See, I said you would learn something. One packet of NECTRESSE™ is 0 calories and only 2 carbs, so it is suitable for people with diabetes. You can put it in your coffee, sprinkle it on fruit, or use it in your favorite recipe as a sugar substitute (one packet of NECTRESSE™ equals approximately 2 teaspoons of sugar).
After getting the pretty little orange box in the mail, I hesitated. Would it have a bitter aftertaste like all of those other sweeteners? I opened up a packet for a small taste.
Wow – I was pleasantly surprised! The granules dissolved quickly on my tongue and were quite sweet. I detected a slight hint of an aftertaste, but it was not bitter, just different. It is absolutely the best artificial sweetener that I have ever tried! If you would like to try it out for yourself, go here for a FREE sample of NECTRESSE™Sweetener!
Plus, Lisa Ling likes it. And, I like Lisa Ling.
I decided to adapt one of the recipes from NECTRESSE™ to share with you! These pancakes are yummy and sweet, spiced with cinnamon and bursting with pomegranate seeds!
Orange Pomegranate Pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 NECTRESSE™ Natural No Calorie Sweetener, Packets (or approximately 1/4 cup granulated sugar)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup melted, unsalted butter
- Zest of one orange
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Non-stick cooking spray
1. Lightly whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, NECTRESSE™ packets, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. Whisk together the eggs, vanilla, milk, butter, and orange zest in a medium bowl. Pour mixture into dry ingredients and mix gently. Fold in pomegranate seeds.
3. Coat a skillet or hot griddle with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon 1/3 cup of batter into skillet or griddle over medium heat. Cook until bubbles appear on top and sides are dry. Flip and cook until golden brown. Serve immediately.