Have you ever heard of a Bounty Bar?
I hadn’t, until I met my husband. He was in the Navy for many years and discovered this little confectionery gem overseas. It is not readily available in the US, but I have seen them at World Market. It is basically a Mounds candy bar, but yummier. I have no idea why, as I can’t see any real difference between them. Perhaps the difficulty obtaining them makes them taste better?
Anyway, since I have already created a homemade version of my favorite candy, I thought it was only fair to make my husband’s favorite too. If you like coconut and chocolate, you are sure to like these!
Oh, and…HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Any fun plans?
- 3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- ⅔ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Mix together the coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and powdered sugar in a large bowl. Mixture should come together, but still be sticky.
- Form mixture into rounded rectangles, about 2-3 inches in length. Wet your hands for easier handling!
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- After candies have chilled, take out of the refrigerator. Melt the dark chocolate per your package’s instructions. Chocolate should be smooth and glossy.
- Dip each candy into chocolate until completely covered. Place on wire rack or parchment paper to harden. Refrigerate about 30 minutes.