It’s not Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie, am I right?
Even though it is a huge favorite, you may have quite a bit leftover after Thursday’s festivities. There’s nothing wrong with a little piece o’ pie after turkey day, but as much as I love it, it can get tiresome in its original form. Fortunately, I made this recipe for you. It’s super easy – no fancy equipment required! Plus, it is super delicious. Promise.
For the pumpkin pie pieces, any pumpkin pie will do – store bought or your grandma’s signature recipe. I chilled the pieces so that some chunks remained intact. If you don’t care about that, you can just used room temperature pie. I also included the crust because I think pie crust is buttery, flaky goodness brought down from the heavens, but if you are not a fan, just leave it out.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup pumpkin pie pieces, chopped and chilled (with or without crust – your choice!)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- In a medium bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin pie pieces, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Fold in the whipped cream until no white streaks remain.
- Place in a covered container and freeze overnight (or at least 6 hours). Eat!