My Favorite Things is a series of blog posts highlighting things that I’m in love with right now. I hope you like them too!
1. Doctor Who TARDIS Cookie Jar by ThinkGeek.com. I’m new to the Doctor Who series, but I’m really digging it so far. My husband and I have been watching the older seasons (we love our Amazon Prime!). This cookie jar is totally awesome. It even makes authentic TARDIS noises. A perfect gift for your favorite Whovian!
2. I make no apologize for my love of Twilight. Sorry, haters. A friend and I are going to a Twilight marathon at a local theater that is showing all 5 movies. I’m kind of excited and terrified at the same time. Not so terrified of sitting in a theater all day, but of the type of people who go to these showings. I’m seeing a lot of fake fangs and homemade “Team Edward” t-shirts in my future…
3. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Radiance (available at Sephora). I’m picky about primers. I have tried just about everything, from the quintessential favorite Smashbox to the weird, but surprisingly effective Monistat anti-chafing gel (for real…) Some of them worked, some of them didn’t, but I didn’t really love any of them. This one is quickly becoming my favorite. I was weary of the non-powdery finish, but I was pleasantly surprised by how long my make-up lasts and how well it controls oil. FYI – I use mineral make-up, so I’m not sure how well it works with traditional foundation, but I can’t imagine why it wouldn’t work as well with liquid make-up! It’s a little pricey, but a little goes a long way.
4. True Blood Cookbook: Eats, Drinks, and Bites from Bon Temps (available at Amazon). I love True Blood and have made a couple TB desserts in my day. So, I’m weirdly excited to get this book. Ok, it’s true that I don’t have it yet, but it’s on my wishlist! The reviews are decent so far, so I can’t wait to try out a couple recipes worthy of Bon Temps!
5. Season 1 of American Horror Story (available at Amazon). You guys already know how much I love American Horror Story – I even made some nightmare-inducing cookies for it! The new season is not disappointing – just as smart, sexy, and scary as the first season! And, even though I’m not one to buy seasons of TV shows, I kind of want the first season. Just because the stories are so different…and I miss Frances Conroy and Denis O’Hare (though Conroy is supposed to have a part in this season too).
6. Candy Cane Treat Boxes by Martha Stewart. Can you believe that Christmas is only about 7 weeks away? If you’re like me, friends and family expect to get some awesome treats from you every year. Tins are nice, but can be a bit pricey depending on where you get them. I used these treat boxes last year – I’m a sucker for pretty packaging. I waited for a sale and snagged them pretty cheap. Such a beautiful way to present your lovely holiday treats!
What are you loving right now? Tell me in the comments!