Well, Christmas is over. I had a wonderful time visiting my family last week and then a nice, quiet Christmas with my husband. We stayed in our PJs all day, ate copious amounts of candy, and had spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. It was glorious.

Now that Christmas is done, 2013 will be here in a hot minute. It has me thinking about the past year, my very first year blogging. I thought I would take a minute to share the most popular recipes of 2012, “top 10 list” style. Re-live the past year with me!

10. Hunger Games Cookies (February 2012)

9. Games of Thrones Cookies (April 2012)

8. Candy Cane Surprise Meringues (November 2012)

7. Nyan Cat Cookies (March 2012)

6. Chocolate Bacon Cupcakes with Nutella Buttercream (April 2012)

5. Fabulous Fall Cupcakes (September 2012)

4. Star Spangled Cupcakes (July 2012)

3. Game of Thrones Cake Pops (April 2012)

2. Incredible Nutella Fudge (July 2012)

And, the most popular of 2012 is……

1. Bacon Cookies! (April 2012)

1 Sébastien @ Un Cupcake, l'Addition ! December 26, 2012 at 8:59 am

I actually discovered your wonderful blog thanks to post #4 ! Now I’m addicted !

2 Jennifer December 26, 2012 at 12:09 pm

You know I almost didn’t post those cupcakes? I’m so glad I did! :)

3 The Partiologist December 26, 2012 at 11:26 am

These are really great – no wonder they were the most popular! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

4 Jennifer December 26, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Thanks so much, Kim!

5 Carrie's Creations December 26, 2012 at 11:42 am

That’s so funny, I was just showing someone your bacon cookies yesterday!

Your first year blogging has been beyond incredible and I can’t wait to see what you continue to create going forward!

6 Jennifer December 26, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Thank you, Carrie! I can’t believe it has been almost a year…it goes by so fast! :)

7 Rachael {SimplyFreshCooking} December 26, 2012 at 1:26 pm

So awesome that you posted this so I can easily see the most faved of the year! :)

And you are such a sweetie for sending an ecard!! I loved it… such a nice surprise in my inbox! Hope you had a Merry Christmas, Jennifer! xo

8 Jennifer December 26, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Aww, I’m so glad you liked it, Rachael! I’m glad I got to “meet” you this year :) Hope you had a wonderful holiday! I’m sad it’s over, but my nieces will be here in a couple days and we celebrate “Christmas 2.0,” so I can look forward to that at least!

9 Christine December 26, 2012 at 1:34 pm

I made the bacon cookies for my kids as a Christmas present – it went over very well! My colouring of the fat colour left something to be desired as I only had egg yolk type yellow, but the black sugar helped alot. I used wooden spoons for lack of dowel. Nothing caught on fire (yeah!) Thanks for a great gift!

10 Jennifer December 26, 2012 at 4:58 pm

I’m so glad you made the bacon cookies and happy to hear the wooden spoon tricked worked! I kind of feel like I was a part of your holiday, through my cookies, and it makes me smile :)

11 Christine December 27, 2012 at 12:20 am

You most definitely were part of our holiday! I love it when a gift HIT is handmade and low budget. It’s all about the love!
Thanks and Merry (the best kind of) Christmas!

Can’t wait to see if you have a special cookie inspiration for New Years! Cookie fondue?

12 Jennifer December 27, 2012 at 10:20 am

I may have an idea for a New Year’s treat…here’s hoping it works! :)

13 Kristina (paddle attachment) December 26, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Happy 1st Blogiversary, Jennifer! It’s wonderful getting to know you and your fabulous sugar work! My favorite post of 2012 was the Nyan Cat post. You had me then; hook, line and sinker (although the Mad Men post was a close second)! Take care in 2013! Kristina

14 Jennifer December 27, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Aww, thanks, Kristina! The official Blogiversary is coming up in a couple weeks and I feel like I need to do something epic…but will probably stress about it and then just post some cookies. So happy to have “met” you this year! :)

15 Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious December 27, 2012 at 2:29 am

Awesome round-up! I’d love to make those hunger game cookies!

16 Jennifer December 27, 2012 at 10:20 am

Thanks! They were one of my first cookies I made for the blog – I really love them :)

17 Elizabeth December 28, 2012 at 12:40 pm

The fall cupcakes with the pumpkins are soo creative! That’s awesome!

18 Jennifer December 29, 2012 at 9:05 am

Thanks, Elizabeth! They were a really to make :)

19 Mike December 28, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Oh, yes! The NoYoMoCo classics! I would have guessed one of your Book of Mormon posts would make the top 10. I really enjoyed those, too!

20 Jennifer December 29, 2012 at 9:07 am

I was very surprised that there weren’t more sugar cookies on the list, Mike! I think that submitting the regular recipes to Foodgawker/Tastespotting definitely made a difference. I’m working on a post of my favorites, which I’m excited to share!

21 kimberly May 14, 2013 at 8:54 pm

I love the baco cookies I trid to make some but the color came out roughn