My Favorite Things is a series of blog posts highlighting things that I’m in love with right now. I hope you like them too!
***Enter my Ultimate Cake Pops giveaway! Ends December 15th!***
With the holidays fast approaching, I’m taking some time today to talk about gifts. You know, that pile of stuff that goes under the tree. I love picking out the perfect gift, but it definitely takes a lot of time! I’m helping you out and listing some of my top picks in different categories. Enjoy!
Geeky and Funny Gifts
Do you have a special geek/nerd/awesome person in your life? How about picking them up one of these?
- Bazinga holiday ornament. Is the Big Bang Theory solely responsible for making geek chic? It is a distinct possibility!
- Bacon wrapping paper. Really, this is for anyone…and everyone. Who cares about the gift inside when it is wrapped in meat candy? Minus the grease.
- Hunger Games socks. OMG – YOUR LEGS ARE ON FIRE! Oh wait, nevermind, it is just your awesome Hunger Games socks. My bad.
- Game of Thrones vinyl figurines. Create your own itty-bitty Westeros with these cuties. SPOILER: I wonder if Ned’s head is detachable…too soon?
- Wonder Woman nail art. Have you seen all of the crazy nail art on Pinterest? It is kind of intriguing to me. These are much easier than that…and much cooler!
- Doctor Who Monopoly. ‘Nough said.
Doesn’t everybody love a homemade gift? Especially an edible one!
Homemade gift recipe suggestions:
- Incredible Nutella Fudge – always a crowd pleaser!
- Candy Cane Surprise Meringues – pretty and festive.
- Chocolate Caramel Popcorn – a fabulous base recipe that can be altered easily with different candies and toppings!
- The cutest little treat box EVER. Miss Pam from Cookie Crazie helped design these for BRP Box Shop and it is the perfect way to package up your holiday goodies! Recipients get a little peak of your treats thanks to the little windows on the box. It is so cute, I might die.
- Is there anything more festive and functional than baker’s twine? I love the stuff! Bakers’ Stock has tons of it in many different colors. For the holidays, though, I’m loving the traditional red and white! It is a beautiful and trendy way to tie up those holiday packages!
- In addition to the sweet ornament box, BRP Box Shop also has more boxes than you can shake a stick at (not that anyone would shake a stick at boxes….well, maybe a crazy person…) Cupcake boxes, candy boxes, cookie boxes, you name it. Plus, they have so many different colors, including my personal favorite, hot pink!
Got a foodie/baker in your life? Pick them up something they’ll use…and that they want!
- Rubber spatulas. You can NEVER have too many of these bad boys. A good, sturdy set is a must-have for any baker.
- Cookie scoop. I use mine constantly. Not just for cookies, but for cupcakes and candies too.
- Damask aprons. Every baker needs a good apron. A plain, white apron works, but isn’t nearly as fun as these bright, colorful ones.
- Celtic sea salt. Sea salt is all the rage and a good one is a true treat.
- Pretty cupcake liners. A sweet and functional stocking stuffer! Give them the gift of pretty cupcakes.
- Penzey’s spices. I have a love affair with Penzey’s. The closest one to me is about an hour away and I don’t get to go as often as I would like (which is probably good for my wallet). They have incredible spices and have lots of gift set options for holiday gift-giving. You can order online too!
Have a friend or relative who could live in Sephora? Here are some of my faves!
- Philosophy Hope in a Jar moisturizer. All of the buzz is true. This moisturizer has been a favorite of mine for years. It is a lifesaver for dry skin, absorbs quickly, and is all around awesome. Some object to the scent, but it is such a moisturizing powerhouse, it could smell like wet dog for all I care!
- Buxum Big & Healthy lip polish (in Dolly). I’m not much of a lipstick fan, so I stick to glosses. This is one of my favorites. It has a nice shine, beautiful color, and a fun, tingling sensation.
- Miss Dior eau de parfum. I adore this scent. I have a million little mini-tubes of it, thanks to Sephora’s generous sample program. It is pricy, but a little goes a long way!
- Fresh Sugar Rose lip treatment. Perfect for dry, chapped winter lips! It adds a little bit of color and is very moisturizing. It lasts a long time too!
- Philosophy Home for the Holidays gift set. A wonderful assortment of body washes and lip shines with fabulous scents like peppermint bark and cinnamon bun. Mmmmm.
- Naked2 eyeshadow palette. I have the original Naked palette from Urban Decay, which is an awesome assortment of neutral, buildable shades. This palette looks amazing!
Food Blogger Gifts
Food bloggers need love too. Show them some affection with a thoughtful gift!
- Canon Rebel T3i camera. Ok, this is a fancy one. But, food bloggers salivate over fancy cameras. This isn’t the top of the line, but is a nice camera for someone who wants to jump into the DSLR world.
- Plate to Pixel by Helene Dujardin. Perhaps the most important aspect of food blogging (other than the food, of course) is photography. This book will help you master the art of making your food look amazing.
- Stripey straws (and other food props). From straws, to little white dishes, to milk bottles – every food blogger needs props!
- Will Write for Food by Dianne Jacob. This book covers food writing on a more basic level, but is a great read for someone looking to discover their own voice/point of view.
- Business Cards by Moo. Get the word out about your blog with beautiful business cards!
- Lowel EGO Lights. An investment for sure, but will make your food pictures gorgeous!