If you’re an instagram follower (which you should be if you like to see super cute kitties and Swiss Colony beef logs), you saw this lovely picture this weekend:
It was my 5 year wedding anniversary on Saturday. We don’t really do much for our anniversary – it is during the post-holiday “blah” period, so we’re kind of over the gift-giving and sugar-gorging. But, we happen to live very close to where we tied the knot, so we try to go there, if we can. It is always quiet, so we walk in, hand-in-hand, and just enjoy the moment and think about that whirlwind of a day.
Seeing one another for the first time…
We took the time for fun pictures…
And even had a dance party!
There were heartfelt words…
And silly ones too…
But, the most important thing was that there was love.
Loads of it.
And there are loads of Reese’s® goodness in these bars! (see what I did there?)
Seriously, they are exploding with chocolatey-peanut butter awesomeness. Start with a buttery, peanut butter cookie crust. Add chocolate and peanut butter chips, chopped peanuts, a big ‘ol bag of Reese’s® minis, and slather on some sweetened condensed milk. Try not to burn yourself as you shove a “straight from the oven” piece into your mouth.
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ cups peanut butter sandwich cookie crumbs (this has a very thin crust – for a thicker crust, double the butter and cookie crumbs)
- 2 cups chocolate and peanut butter chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- 8 ounce bag of Reese’s minis
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease a 9×13 pan.
- Combine the melted butter and peanut butter sandwich cookie crumbs. Stir with a fork until combined. Press into the bottom of the greased pan.
- Add a layer of chocolate/peanut butter chips, then the peanuts, and then the Reese’s minis over the crust. Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the entire pan.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before cutting into bars (seriously, it won’t work until it’s cool!)