My Favorite Things is a series of blog posts highlighting things that I’m in love with right now. I hope you like them too!
1. Audio-Technica Headphones (from Amazon): With all of the writing I do for the blog (and more recently, for fun), a good pair of headphones can be invaluable. Hubby got me these for Valentine’s Day and even though I’m not an audiophile, the difference is totally amazing! I have been using them non-stop.
2. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (from Amazon): I’ve been reading a lot this year (it as one of my kind-of-but-not-really New Year’s Resolutions). This is the first book in The Mortal Instruments series (which I think will have 6 books total – 5 have already been published). I didn’t really know what to expect, but I’m kind of in love with these books. The world building is pretty amazing (kind of like Harry Potter), the romance is a definitely there, and they are action-packed (like The Hunger Games). There is even a movie coming out in August that I’m embarrassingly excited to see.
3. Pink Boxes from BRP Box Shop: I can’t say enough good things about BRP Box Shop and their products. The customer service is top-notch and the boxes are wonderful (kraft and white are available for the non-pink folks). They are perfect for gift giving your homemade treats!
4. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (from Amazon): I really don’t say this often, but this is a life-changing book for me. I’m now a die-hard John Green fan (and have read two of his other books since reading this one). His prose is amazingly funny and poignant and he says so much in so little words. If you want to get to know characters you will never forget, you HAVE to read this book. I even
nagged encouraged my husband to read it and his assessment: “It was so good.” That’s the best you can get from him!
6. Sephora Classic Mineral Brush: I’ve been using mineral make-up for a LONG time now. I started with the Bare Minerals brushes, but they always ended up falling apart and/or getting scratchy. After I tried this brush, I decided that I would never go back to those expensive brushes again! The bristles stay super soft, but stiff, so you feel like you can really buff the make-up into your skin. They also suck up the mineral powder like you wouldn’t believe!