I think “magic” is awesome. Mainly because I lack the common sense to understand how magic tricks are preformed.
You know those “behind the magic” shows where they show you the mechanics behind magic tricks? They show you magic trick and, deep down, I always think “There is no way they could do that. It must be magic! It must be! They are totally going to say, “Just kidding! It was magic all along.”
And, then they show you how’s it done and I feel like an idiot for not being to figure it out in the first place.
Maybe it is nice to believe, even for a second, that it could be real. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!
PEEPS bunnies are pretty magical on their own, but with the addition of the ubiquitous top hat? Pure magical whimsy! A HUGE thanks to Christi at Love in the Oven and Michelle at Sugar Swings! Serve Some for organizing this fabulous PEEPS party!
Visit the following websites, each is sharing an amazing PEEPS post for you today, so hop on over and check them all out! Don’t forget to enter to win the fabulous PEEPS Prize Pack as well (Rafflecopter widget below my recipe)! Happy Spring!
- 12 PEEPS bunnies (whatever colors you like!)
- One bag of black or dark brown candy melts
- 12 jumbo marshmallows
- 12 chocolate sandwich cookies (try different flavors to make it more interesting! I used chocolate cream cookies)
- Airhead taffy candy, optional
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil lightly sprayed with oil.
- Trim both ends of the jumbo marshmallows with kitchen scissors so you have a flat edge on each side.
- Melt a small amount of the candy melts according to the package directions. Dip one end of each jumbo marshmallow into the candy melts and place in the center of a sandwich cookie. Allow to harden.
- Trim the PEEPS bunnies with kitchen scissors below the head, with some of the body attached. Set aside.
- Melt the rest of the candy melts in a tall container for easier dipping (I like to use a glass measuring cup). Dip each “hat” into the candy melts marshmallow side down. Using two forks, lift up the hat under the “rim” the hat and shake off excess. Place on cookie sheet to cool and harden.
- Immediately add a PEEPS bunny to the top. Repeat with all hats.
- Optional: To add a band of color to the hat, trim softened airhead taffy candy into strips and wrap around the middle of the hat (to soften candy, place in microwave for no more than 2-4 seconds at a time!).
Use the Rafflecopter widget below for a chance to win this amazing PEEPS prize pack! Bunnies, chicks, and eggs, oh my!