My Favorite Things is a series of blog posts highlighting things that I’m in love with right now. I hope you like them too!
1. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. I’ve been reading a lot lately, which I’m seriously loving. I’ve read some really wonderful books, but A Monster Calls may be one of the most profound and amazing books I’ve read in recent memory. It is young adult, and even has striking illustrations, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. It is such an incredibly honest portrayal of grief and human emotion and I cried like a baby by the end (and re-read the last couple pages several times). I was honestly blown away. This is in the running with The Fault in Our Stars for the best book I’ve read this year.
2. Polka Dot Cupcake Liners from Bakers’ Stock. Spring is (finally!) on its way, and I’m definitely digging these hot pink polka dot cupcake liners by Bakers’ Stock! Not just cupcakes – wouldn’t they be super cute party cups filled with candy at a party?
3. The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones movie. I already mentioned how much I enjoyed these books and I’m dying to see the movie! They just released the second trailer and I’ve watched it more times than I care to admit…
4. Macaron Trays by BRP Box Shop. BRP Box Shop is all about making your baked goods look fabulous and I love their macaron trays! They fit perfectly into their macaron boxes (available in several colors, from a lovely pale blue to a fun hot pink).
5. El Camino by The Black Keys. One of the few albums that I own where I love EVERY song. So awesome!
6. Ni No Kuni: The Wrath of the White Witch. Ok, I’m kind of a nerd. You already knew that, right? I’m not a huge gamer, but I probably play 2-3 RPG’s (role playing games) a year. I just finished Ni No Kuni and it was one of the best! It helps that the animation was done by Studio Ghibli and I adore their films (most people have heard of Spirited Away, but they also did Princess Mononoke and Howl’s Moving Castle – wonderful movies!). It was a blast to play.