As of today, Google Reader is no more! Don’t miss a post – follow my blog with Bloglovin!
Oh man, you guys.
Normally I start each post with a funny/witty/amusing little tale which has little, if anything, to do with the actual recipe I’m posting. Because I think everyone likes those kinds of stories. Especially when they involve imaginary turkeys or Paul Anka.
But, I just can’t this time.
These are too freakin’ good. They deserve their own post.
They are one of the tastiest things I’ve ever concocted – and I don’t throw that around lightly! Even better? They are BEYOND easy.
You start with refrigerated biscuit dough – that’s right, no mixing, no yeast! I had seen several bloggers using this method and I was intrigued, but not totally convinced. Could they really be as a tasty as they all said?
YES. Yes, they are.
They fry up nice and crisp in some hot oil, and then I dunked ‘em in a simple (microwaved!) glaze of unsalted butter, chunky peanut butter, and Nutella. Oh, and a sprinkling of mini chocolate chips too.
My husband tried one and I knew from the look on his face that if I didn’t photograph them immediately, I would have nothing to show you all! Obviously, that is unacceptable, so I snapped the pictures I needed and gave him permission to have at it.
The things I do for your guys
- 1 can refrigerated large biscuits (8 per can)
- Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Nutella
- ⅓ cup chunky peanut butter (you can also use creamy, as long as it is not natural/homemade)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- Mini chocolate chips, optional
- Place about 1½ to 2 inches of vegetable oil in a large skillet. Heat to approximately 325 to 350 degrees.
- While oil is warming, remove biscuits from can and peel apart. Using a small, round cutter, cut a hole in the middle of each biscuit (save the middles and fry them to make doughnut holes!).
- When oil is ready,gently place 2-3 doughnuts at a time in oil until lightly browned on each side (watch out – they cook fast!). Place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain when done.
- In a medium bowl, place the butter and chunky peanut butter. Microwave for about 30 seconds, or until melted. Stir to combine. Add the ½ cup of Nutella, mix until thoroughly combined.
- Dip doughnuts into the Nutella mixture. Use a spoon to add more glaze if it comes out uneven. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips, if desired. Serve immediately. Makes 8 large doughnuts (and 8 doughnut holes!). Recipes can be easily doubled.