My Favorite Things

by Jennifer on July 22, 2013

in My Favorite Things

My Favorite Things is a series of blog posts highlighting things that I’m in love with right now. I hope you like them too!

my favorite things july

1. Big Brother: I never watched Big Brother before. I just wasn’t interested…and was already watching WAY too much trashy reality TV. But, my mom loves it and I ended up watching an episode with her while visiting and I found it pretty entertaining. My husband was wary at first, but now I think he likes it more than I do! While I have been disappointed in some of the behavior of the house guests this season (are they always so horrible!?), it only makes me want to watch it more and hopefully see them leave!

2. Leachco Snoogle Pillow. Oh, both my love and hatred of this pillow run deep. As a stomach sleeper who can no longer sleep on her stomach, I believe this pillow is the only reason that I am able to sleep at all. But, as a person of short stature, it doesn’t really fit me well and I get tangled in it, which doesn’t bode well for the frequent trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I affectionately(?) call it my pillow prison.

3. IKEA. My love for IKEA has never been stronger! It is a magical wonderland of reasonably priced home furnishings, with funny names to boot. We’re doing our nursery on a budget and aren’t willing to spend the big bucks, so IKEA has been a life saver! Too bad the closest one is 2 hours away. Actually, that is probably for the best…for our wallets.

4. The royal baby is coming!!! SO excited!

5. Too Faced Primed and Poreless. I switch primers like some ladies change underwear. And, I have a new favorite! Primed and Poreless helps tremendously with my oily nose problem and looks great under my mineral make-up. But, I’m sure I’ll have a new favorite in a couple months…

6. Baby Movement. I used this super weird image of a fetus to say…I’m feeling the baby move! It started abut 19 weeks and I have felt her every day since then. She is quiet in the morning, and she starts soccer practice (it feels like!) in the late afternoon/early evening. No flutters for this little lady – she is all kicks and punches. Using my bladder as a punching bag is her favorite thing ever.

1 Patricia @ ButterYum July 22, 2013 at 11:17 am

A girl :) ))))))))). Congratulations!! I’ll never forget the first time I felt my oldest “kick”. It was such a thrill. I’m glued to the TV awaiting Kate’s big news !! PS – I’ve watched that reality show once or twice – just enough to be repulsed. Honestly, the behavior is deplorable.

2 Jennifer July 22, 2013 at 11:31 am

When I felt her the first time, I was laying in bed with my eyes closed, trying to go to sleep and I felt a “pop” – my eyes flew open and I was like, “what was that?” :)

3 Kayle (The Cooking Actress) July 22, 2013 at 11:30 am

So cool that you’re feeling the baby move!! I’m a tummy sleeper too and am nooot looking forward to that aspect of pregnancy.

YAY ROYAL BABY!

4 Jennifer July 22, 2013 at 11:32 am

I keep checking CNN for an update on Kate!! :)

5 Laura Dembowski July 22, 2013 at 1:03 pm

I have never missed an episode of Big Brother. I’m obsessed with it and look forward to it every single summer. It’s kinda my favorite show. And no they are not always this horrible – this season has taken the nastiness to a whole new and unacceptable level. But it’s not gonna keep me from watching!

6 Jennifer July 22, 2013 at 1:41 pm

My mom is the same way! I got sucked into the phenomenon ;)

7 Carrie's Creations July 22, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Ugh the sleeping thing gets worse. Right when I think I’ve got a good system down, it’s impossible again. I don’t have a pregnancy pillow like that, but I do have quite a few pillows. I’m up to 6 on my side of the bed. Poor hubby lol…

8 Jennifer July 22, 2013 at 4:02 pm

I know, it’s only going to get harder! :( If you’re not a shorty like me (5’3″), this pillow could definitely help! My pillow prison seems to migrate throughout the night and hubby loses precious space ;)

9 Carrie's Creations July 22, 2013 at 5:17 pm

haha yep, I’m 5’3″ too. :) They should make a shorty version!

10 Jennifer July 22, 2013 at 7:03 pm

Agreed!!

11 Michelle @ MakeMeCake.Me July 22, 2013 at 4:09 pm

The royal baby is a boy so you won’t have to worry about Kate stealing your fave baby name! Hurray! ;)

12 Jennifer July 22, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Haha, very true, Michelle! :)

13 Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking July 22, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Aww, so exciting that your little lady is wiggling around! I bet that’s very bittersweet, haha. Hope she lets mama get a full night’s rest still!

14 Jennifer July 22, 2013 at 7:03 pm

Thank goodness she doesn’t kick me that hard yet, but I know it’s coming!

15 The Bearfoot Baker July 22, 2013 at 9:10 pm

Congrats on feeling the baby move! I remember how excited I was with each movement of my own little peanuts. I am so super duper happy for you.

I think I want that pillow even though I am not expecting. LOL

16 Jennifer July 23, 2013 at 8:47 am

Oh, the pillow and I had a battle of wills last night! Unfortunately, I lost and didn’t get much sleep ;) I don’t think poor hubby did either!

17 Kelly Stephens July 23, 2013 at 12:59 am

Oh my goodness I need that Snoogle pillow! Thanks for the find!

18 Jennifer July 23, 2013 at 8:47 am

Hope it works for you! :)

19 Mike @ Semi Sweet July 23, 2013 at 2:39 am

Sweet! I love your “favorite things” posts! And baby movements! How crazy is that?! Maybe it’s a guy thing, but for some reason I can’t wrap my head around a human growing inside another human. The miracle of birth is so surreal. :)

20 Jennifer July 23, 2013 at 8:49 am

My husband thinks that it is simultaneously amazing and creepy. I kind of agree :) Of course, once I saw her moving around from the outside, I got the chestburster jokes ;)

21 Elizabeth July 23, 2013 at 6:09 am

I’ve only ever been in an Ikea once, but it was amazing. I’ve heard that we might have one opening near us, but who knows! And congratulations with your baby! I can’t wait to hear more!

22 Jennifer July 23, 2013 at 8:52 am

Oh, I adore Ikea so much! I don’t know if they are all the same, but we go to the one outside of DC (Potomac Mills) and it is HUGE. We are always there for at least 2 hours, even when we know exactly what we want!

23 Melissa {Simply Sweets by Honeybee} July 23, 2013 at 7:16 am

Awww that’s so awesome that you are feeling the baby move. It’s amazing how nature works. I used to be a Big Brother watcher years ago. It’s probably too late to get back into it this season because I’d be lost. Maybe next season. Right now I’m watching Summer Camp. I love reality TV.

I’m so behind on my blog reading but I did see your reveal. I’m so happy that it’s a girl. I was hoping it would be :)

24 Jennifer July 23, 2013 at 8:53 am

I’ve never heard of summer camp – I’m surprised that there is a reality show I haven’t heard of ;)

25 The Partiologist July 23, 2013 at 9:26 am

So exciting – feeling the baby move – or should I say Kicking??? :)

26 Jennifer July 23, 2013 at 9:36 am

Oh yes, lots of kicking! :)

27 susie July 23, 2013 at 11:07 am

ok, if you are into BB, you need to follow BBgossip on Twitter. This person watches the live feed day and night and posts some hilarious stuff you will never see on TV. My husband loves this show, and now we all are into it, and this is really the first season that there has been such comments by the houseguests. And the showmances…..they must have consulted a matchmaker to try to hook up people. This season is a producers dream, except they keep voting out the lovers! And those little flutter kicks are one of the greatest joys of pregnancy! Enjoy soccer practice!

28 Jennifer July 23, 2013 at 11:51 am

Ok, I’m totally going to follow BBgossip – thanks so much for the tip! The house guests are entertaining for sure :)

29 Reeni July 23, 2013 at 8:49 pm

I LOVE big brother! Yes, they are always horrible! This season has been my least favorite – usually I have someone to root for and I don’t. . . yet. Some IKEA things you can order online – just had some bookcases delivered.

30 Jennifer July 23, 2013 at 9:42 pm

It seems like once I start liking someone, they do something horrible and I don’t like them anymore! We’ll see how it progresses!

Yeah, I saw that some things can be delivered now, which is nice! But, I kind of like doing the pilgrimage every once in a while… :)

31 Nessa July 24, 2013 at 6:13 pm

That sleeping pillow looks amaaaazing!

32 Jennifer July 24, 2013 at 6:29 pm

It is…and it isn’t, Nessa ;) It is a necessary evil!