No Bake Peanut Butter S’mores Bars

by Jennifer on August 30, 2013

in Brownies & Bars

No Bake Peanut Butter S'mores Bars by

My husband is not a “sports guy.”

I love this about him.

No monopolizing the TV, no obnoxious cheering/yelling, it’s just not his scene. Heck, we don’t even watch the Super Bowl most years.

Until now…

Hubby joined in the Fantasy Football madness this year. Now, all he talks about are drafts, preseason games, injuries, and other things that I don’t care about. To be fair, I do try to listen, but it’s just not for me. In fact, I’m so unfit for this activity that I keep accidentally calling it “Final Fantasy” instead- I guess I would rather him be playing old school Japanese RPGs than turning into a “sports guy.”

I’m afraid this will escalate into actually having to WATCH football. Hold me, please!

Well, maybe I can serve these at the football watching parties that are destined in my future?

No Bake Peanut Butter S'mores Bars by

These are a peanut buttery, s’mores twist on rice crispy treats. And no need to turn on that oven – very much appreciated in this oppressive, Virginia heat. Is it fall yet!?

5.0 from 2 reviews

No Bake Peanut Butter S’mores Bars
Recipe type: Brownies and Bars
  • 5 tablespoons butter
  • 5 cups mini marshmallows, plus ⅓ cup for topping
  • ½ cup creamy peanut butter
  • 10 ounces Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
  • 1 cup chocolate and peanut butter baking chips, plus ¼ cup for topping
  1. Well grease a 9×9 pan. Set aside.
  2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add 5 cups marshmallow and stir frequently until melted and creamy. Remove from heat and quickly stir in peanut butter.
  3. Mix in the cinnamon toast crunch cereal until all cereal pieces are coated. Stir in one cup of chocolate and peanut butter baking chips.
  4. Press into 9×9 pan. Top with ¼ cup of baking chips and ⅓ cup mini marshmallows and press into top of bars. Cool. Cut into bars and enjoy!

Rate this recipe:

1 Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen August 30, 2013 at 8:40 am

Oh, this twist on RKTs looks sinful! Too funny about hubby. He’s gonna get you watching. Are you ready for some football?! Hahaha! Thanks for sharing and have a fabulous Labor Day holiday weekend, girl!

2 Jennifer August 30, 2013 at 9:34 am

Thanks, Stacy! Maybe I just need to accept my football watching fate… ;) Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!!

3 Kayle (The Cooking Actress) August 30, 2013 at 9:28 am

You poor thing. OMG. I am SO sorry! Michael, thank THE LOOOORD is not a sports guy either and I don’t even know what I would do if he started doing such things *shudder*

let’s drown our sorrows in the luscious amazing CRAZY genius deliciousness of these no bake pb s’mores bars you made, shall we?

4 Jennifer August 30, 2013 at 9:34 am

I totally thought I was in the clear! We’ve been together NINE years and NOW he decides to be a sports guy!? Ugh. I feel like there has been some misrepresentation going on here… ;)

5 Kayle (The Cooking Actress) August 30, 2013 at 9:35 am

it’s basically fraud, you probs have grounds for an annulment

6 Jennifer August 30, 2013 at 9:37 am

I like your legal analysis ;)

7 Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl August 30, 2013 at 10:49 am

Your title basically has all the words in it to make my heart pitter patter! I cannot wait to eat these! YUM YUM!

8 Jennifer August 30, 2013 at 11:51 am

Thanks, Pamela! :) There is lots of goodness stuffed into these bars!

9 The Partiologist August 30, 2013 at 11:22 am

Welcome to my sports world – my husband loves football and I even watch a game or two. And if you start serving up your wonderful treats, you can be sure football will be a win win for everyone involved! Go Team Jennifer!

10 Jennifer August 30, 2013 at 11:49 am

Haha, thanks, Kim! Perhaps I need to accept my fate ;)

11 Cathy Pollak ~ Noble Pig August 30, 2013 at 11:34 am

My husband is not a sport’s guy either…but now I want him to be so we can’s all about the food!! Love these and would stuff my face in front of a game.

12 Jennifer August 30, 2013 at 11:49 am

Haha – that’s true! I would totally tailgate for the food :)

13 The Bearfoot Baker August 30, 2013 at 12:04 pm

You better watch out! You will be hooked and snuggled up on the couch by your man rooting for whatever team has the cutest uniforms! LOL But if you do get hooked, at least you have awesome desserts!!

14 Jennifer August 30, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Haha, I don’t know about that, Lisa! ;)

15 Elizabeth@ Food Ramblings August 30, 2013 at 12:10 pm

I would embrace fall if it means eating one of these :)

16 Jennifer August 30, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Thanks, Elizabeth!

17 Paula August 30, 2013 at 12:49 pm

My husband is a huge Football and Golf fan. Plays golf but not football :) Watches both golf and football. There is more than one television in this household believe me :)
Love the look of these snacks.

18 Jennifer August 30, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Haha – maybe that is the answer, another television! I have watched golf on occasion because a girl I knew in college is married to a pro golfer, so I’ll tune in for a minute to see how he’s doing :)

19 Shashi @ August 30, 2013 at 2:12 pm

I would become a sports lover if I could eat these bars during a game!

20 Jennifer August 30, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Thanks, Shashi! :)

21 Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking August 30, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Oh my gaaah! These would be so dangerous in my house… My hubby wouldn’t stand a chance! I’d eat them all first. :D

22 Jennifer August 30, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Thanks, Georgia! :)

23 Faith @ Pixie Dust Kitchen August 30, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Brian is a car guy, but at least he’s not a sports guy. I don’t think I’d know what to do- he already texts my dad enough as it is!(Yeah, my boyfriend and my dad text. It’s weird. And I just feel like my dad would text him a lot if he was into sports) Easy, peanut butter, and s’mores just sounds like heaven!

24 Jennifer August 31, 2013 at 9:44 am

That’s kinda sweet that they text each other :)

25 Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts August 30, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Pretty sure I would watch most things to be able to eat a few of these!! Love pb and s’mores anything!

26 Jennifer August 31, 2013 at 9:43 am

Thanks, Erin!

27 hani/haniela's August 30, 2013 at 9:57 pm

These look delicious!
Lol about you hubby.
I had to laugh, I just imagined how someone in my household (let’s not talk names) yells at the tv. Okay, I admit I could be little quieter but I very much get into the game and I also clap and I occasionally jump from the seat and I cry, too, from joy. I love sports. Let’s wait what baby girl does watching the game. ;-)

PS. : no football for me, though I love soccer.

28 Jennifer August 31, 2013 at 9:46 am

Haha – Hani, I’m surprised! :) I didn’t take you for a big sports fan! I think I just need to accept my fate ;)

29 Zainab @ Blahnik Baker August 31, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Oh I feel your pain. Mine isn’t a sports fan either but he does the sci-fi movies and I am lost most times when he starts breaking them down. These bars will not get you through the season of football but they are a great start!! Love the peanut butter and s’mores combination :)

30 Jennifer September 1, 2013 at 4:13 pm

My husband loves sci-fi too! Movies AND books – he even goes to a science fiction/fantasy bookclub. He’s such a geek ;)

31 Mike @ Semi Sweet September 1, 2013 at 1:36 am

I can totally relate to both you and your husband! I’m not a sports guy at all, but got reeled into a Fantasy Football at work last year. Because I had to keep track of injuries, byes, etc., I watched so much football that season than previously combined! Also, during the first few weeks I, too, was calling it “Final Fantasy!” LOL

Those treats are incredibly looking! I’m a big fan of peanut butter chips!

32 Jennifer September 1, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Haha – this sounds JUST like Robert! :)

33 Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust September 1, 2013 at 10:25 pm

YUM. I am all over these Jennifer!

Oh, Fantasy Football. My husband is commissioner. And he goes to AZ for the draft. Yeah, he’s obsessed! Just make sure he does NOT have NFL Total Access, if you want to stay in love with him, lol. :)

34 Monet September 1, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Smile. Ryan doesn’t like football either, but he is competitive. I know we could get in trouble if he ever joined a league! These bars look delicious, my friend! Thank you for sharing! I hope you had a wonderful weekend, and I hope you have an even better start to your week.

35 Carrie September 1, 2013 at 11:34 pm

I can totally relate. I think we have every sports package imaginable on our TV. All I would be interested in is Quidditch. Ha! These treats look yumm-o!

36 Jennifer September 2, 2013 at 9:30 am

Yes! Now, Quidditch I could get behind ;)

37 Laura Dembowski September 2, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Oh, yeah once someone is part of fantasy football, they are completely and totally a sports fan. Good luck this season ;) These bars look awesome! You’ll just have to drown your football sorrows in them.

38 Jennifer September 3, 2013 at 1:30 pm

I think I need the good luck, Laura! ;)

39 Carrie's Creations September 2, 2013 at 4:51 pm

oh man i am jealous that he’s NOT a sports guy! my hubby is obsessed. i think he did something to the tv to make it think that espn is the default channel because every time i turn it on that’s what its on. i get like 1 month a year where there is very little sports activity. it falls right after super bowl and right before baseball starts. it’s pretty much wonderful. he’s also completely into fantasy football (he’s the commissioner of his league actually lol) and i get SOO tired of hearing about injuries and players on teams that don’t even matter! at least when he talks about our team i can pretend to relate. ugh… on a brighter note, these bars would be perfect for one of those functions. easy to throw together, and perfect for guys!

40 Jennifer September 3, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Oh man – I’m afraid my husband may turn into your husband about this stuff! ;) But, you know, we deal with these things since we love them and all, so I’ll deal either way ;)

41 Sue {munchkin munchies} September 2, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Yes, just think of watching football as an excuse to make goodies and other football food, if it comes to that:) Unfortunately, the Super Bowl is turning into a spectacle.with the game as a sideshow:/

42 Jennifer September 3, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Very true, Sue! I need to look at the bright side of all of this ;)

43 MoonLight @ AWorldInMyOven September 21, 2013 at 11:19 am

Oh dear, I really hope my man never gets the football fever. I hate the whole excessive tv-watching, yelling and non-stop talking about football with a passion! On a sidenote: these look delicious! I’m sure I can come up with a few (non-football) reasons to make these..

44 Jennifer September 22, 2013 at 4:59 pm

He actually made me watch part of a game today :( It is beginning!

45 MoonLight @ AWorldInMyOven September 25, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Haha, oh dear!! I’d make an extra batch of bars with extra chocolate now.. So you can eat all your frustrations away :P

46 Jennifer October 6, 2013 at 3:34 pm