WATCH OUT FOR THE… SHARKNADO!!
(If you have no idea what I’m talking about, check this out)
A sequel is already planned for this hilariously awful franchise, entitled, “Sharknado 2: The Second One.” But, I was kinda hoping for another shark-related natural disaster. Like…
Ok, maybe not that last one.
I KNEW I had to make Sharknado cookies to celebrate the end of Shark Week. I mean, seriously. This is irrelevant pop culture at it’s finest – it draws me in like a moth to a flame. Or a shark getting sucked into a tornado. Same ‘dif.
- Hand-cut sugar cookies shaped like tornadoes
- Mini shark template for transfers (and a screen protector)
- Royal icing, tinted white and gray
- Black food coloring
- Red food coloring
- Small paintbrush (for food use only)
- Create mini shark royal icing transfers (see my tutorial here). To achieve my gray, I used a small amount of black food coloring and a pinch of navy blue.
- Outline and flood tornado cookies with white icing. Let dry.
- Paint tornado onto cookies with black food coloring (you can also pipe these instead, if you prefer). Allow to dry.
- Attach mini sharks to tornado with royal icing.