4 Ingredient Cookies & Cream Doughnuts

by Jennifer on September 2, 2013

in Breakfast Sweets

Enter my Baby Pool Contest for a chance to win $100 (3 winners!). Click here now.

4 Ingredient Cookies & Cream Doughnuts by notyourmommascookie.com

I’m a proud holiday lover. Any reason to be happy, stuff your face with excellent food, and get together with friends and family is a good reason for me!

But, I fear that my holiday-lovin’ ways may be getting out of hand.

You see, yesterday hubby and I went to Target…and I insisted on walking to the back of the store to see if the Halloween stuff was out yet (it’s not – FYI).

Worst of all? I’m not really embarrassed about this.

I know a lot of people fuss about holiday merchandise being put out exceedingly early. Not me. Bring me your Reese’s pumpkins, your bags of spiderwebs, your cackling witch lawn ornaments! Your princess costumes in plastic bags, your pumpkin carving kits, and your mellowcreme pumpkins!

I’m ready…are you?

Since I’m lacking in the Halloween candy department, I’ll have to settle for another sweet treat – these quick and easy cookies & cream doughnuts will do just fine! No special pan needed AND you don’t have to make the dough. How awesome is that?

5.0 from 1 reviews

4 Ingredient Cookies & Cream Doughnuts

Author:
Ingredients
  • 1 can refrigerated large biscuits (8 per can)
  • Vegetable Oil
  • ½ can of white frosting (NOT whipped)
  • ½ cup crushed chocolate sandwich cookies (like Oreos)
Instructions
  1. Place about 1½ to 2 inches of vegetable oil in a large skillet. Heat to approximately 325 to 350 degrees.
  2. While oil is warming, remove biscuits from can and peel apart. Using a small, round cutter, cut a hole in the middle of each biscuit (save the middles and fry them to make doughnut holes!).
  3. When oil is ready,gently place 2-3 doughnuts at a time in oil until lightly browned on each side (watch out – they cook fast!). Place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain when done.
  4. Put ½ can of white frosting in a microwavable bowl. Microwave frosting for 10-15 seconds, or until the consistency of a thick glaze. Dip doughnuts into glaze and immediately sprinkle with crushed chocolate sandwich cookies.
  5. Enjoy!

Rate this recipe:

1 Cathy Pollak ~ Noble Pig September 2, 2013 at 9:21 am

Honestly I’m shocked Target doesn’t have it out yet?

And these donuts look kind of amazing!!

2 Jennifer September 2, 2013 at 9:27 am

I kind of was too, Cathy! Kids go back to school in VA tomorrow, so the back to school stuff was still there. I bet after tomorrow it will be there! :)

3 Jennifer September 3, 2013 at 1:33 pm

I know – seriously! Now that school has started here, I think it is probably up now :)

4 Melissa {Simply Sweets by Honeybee} September 2, 2013 at 11:18 am

These look so awesome! Yummy! I’m so behind on commenting on blogs but wanted to tell you that all your recent posts are so fantastic. I’m always in awe of your photography and creativity. Can’t wait to see your holiday designs.

5 Jennifer September 3, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Aww, thank you, Melissa! You’re so sweet :)

6 Kayle (The Cooking Actress) September 2, 2013 at 11:48 am

lol you’re so funny!! I’m so bad about doing things according to the holiday-but that may be because I’m currently completely cut off from cooking from anyone but Michael and myself, that may change once we’re around family :)

THESE DONUTS like…oh man. SO YUMMEHHHH

7 Jennifer September 3, 2013 at 1:31 pm

I’m kind of bad about it too…it’s like, as a blogger, you BETTER have a pumpkin recipe ready as soon as September rolls around. I dropped the ball on that one, apparently ;) I even have another ice cream recipe coming up! I don’t care – I enjoy all flavors, all desserts, all throughout the year – I’m not picky!

8 Carrie's Creations September 2, 2013 at 5:04 pm

i LOVE halloween and christmas so i don’t mind it being out early either. if you have a hobby lobby you can try there, the have BOTH holidays out already! and michael’s has had halloween stuff for a few weeks now too. :)

i never thought of doing doughnuts with biscuits! genius.

9 Jennifer September 3, 2013 at 1:28 pm

No Hobby Lobby, but we do have a Michaels – I’ll be there soon, I’m sure! :)

10 Wendy September 2, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Doughnuts in a flash for those desperation doughnut cravings! I had no idea until I read the recipe, how these could be made with just 4 ingredients. Amazing, Jennifer!
You need to move to St. Louis. Halloween candy has been out for weeks and our supermarket has a section of Christmas decorations in the floral department!! I am all for holiday cheer, but my life is flying by too fast as it is. I don’t want to rush the seasons!

11 Jennifer September 3, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Thanks, Wendy! I totally understand not wanting to rush the seasons! With our little girl due in November, I’m trying to get some holiday blog stuff done in advance…much easier if holiday candy is out early! ;)

12 Liz @ I Heart Vegetables September 2, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Oh wow! These would be perfect for a party!

13 Jennifer September 3, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Thanks, Liz!

14 The Partiologist September 2, 2013 at 9:12 pm

I’m with you on the Holiday stuff being out early – don’t tell, but I already but something for Christmas. And I think you’ll be just find without the Halloween candy – those donuts look amazing….and only four ingredients?? WOW!

15 Jennifer September 3, 2013 at 1:25 pm

If there was Christmas stuff out here, I’m SURE I would have already bought something too! ;) Plus, with the little lady on the way, I’m trying to get holiday AND blog stuff done in advance, so I want it all available now! :)

16 Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust September 2, 2013 at 9:35 pm

YES. It needs to be out now, so I can have all the recipes with all the flavors of candy and fun props when everyone finally wants them in October! :) These doughnuts, beyond words. AMAZING!

17 Jennifer September 3, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Yes, yes, yes! Totally agree, Dorothy :)

18 hani/hanielas September 2, 2013 at 11:15 pm

Seriously!? I’ve seen Halloween stuff some place last week or week before, kind of weird Target doesn’t have it out yet but I’m sure it will be very soon.

19 Jennifer September 3, 2013 at 1:23 pm

I think it is because we go back to school later in VA, so they had to wait after the back to school stuff was no longer relevant :)

20 Mike @ Semi Sweet September 3, 2013 at 12:55 am

I’m so with you! Target needs pack up the back-to-school supplies and ready all the Halloween goodies. :) These doughnuts look great! There’s a place in Portland called Voodoo Doughnut that has something kinda similar. It’s one of my favorites. Actually, any doughnut is a favorite of mine.

21 Jennifer September 3, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Thanks, Mike! Oh, and I haven’t had a chance to comment on the post yet, but I adore the redesign! Absolutely fabulous :)

22 susie September 3, 2013 at 7:41 am

head over to Pier One or my second home, Williams Sonoma. Halloween is there! I was enthralled with the stuff at Pier One, so colorful! And in my 17 Halloweens at WS, this is the first time we have had a whole party set up! Plates, punch bowl, black candles, ravens…..it is all so cool! I am right there with you, mainly because I know it won’t bee 100 degrees on Halloween! Go away summer heat! BTW, I ate a donut this weekend that didn’t look nearly as good as yours!

23 Jennifer September 3, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Now, I HAVE to check out my local WS and Pier One! I love Halloween so much :)

24 Elizabeth@ Food Ramblings September 3, 2013 at 10:57 am

Love fall flavors– so I agree, bring on fall! These look delish :)

25 Jennifer September 3, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Yes – come on, Fall!

26 Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts September 3, 2013 at 11:00 am

Yep – pretty much need these little guys in my life now! I love cookies n’ cream anything, and these look like the perfect morning snack to me!

27 Jennifer September 3, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Thank you, Erin! :)

28 Meghan @ Spoonful of Flour September 3, 2013 at 12:38 pm

I went to Target for the same reason last night! I did find some Pumpkin Spice M&Ms at the front of the store, but couldn’t believe the rest of the Halloween stuff wasn’t out yet! These donuts look to die for!

29 Jennifer September 3, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Haha – I totally scoped out the pumpkin spice M&Ms too! Didn’t buy any, but picked some up to show the hubby :)

30 The Squishy Monster September 3, 2013 at 2:06 pm

This is so, so, so, so clever! I love the idea of a short cut donut that’s still tempting and delicious!

31 Jennifer September 3, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Thanks so much! And, I’m so intrigued by your blog name – checking it out now!! :)

32 ashley - baker by nature September 3, 2013 at 3:51 pm

OMG. Stop it with these gorgeous doughnuts! Wait. No! Don’t stop it… I want em ALL.

33 Jennifer September 4, 2013 at 7:45 am

Aww, thanks, Ashley :)

34 Asmita September 3, 2013 at 10:10 pm

This looks divine!

35 Jennifer September 4, 2013 at 7:45 am

Thank you, Amsita! :)

36 Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking September 4, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Totally mouthwatering! I need theeeeese.

37 Jennifer September 4, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Thanks, Georgia! :)

38 Dina September 4, 2013 at 3:07 pm

they sound yummy!

39 Jennifer September 4, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Thanks so much, Dina! :)

40 Denise Browning@From Brazil To You September 4, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Wow…This is what I call a treat!!! These donuts are making me drool!

41 Jennifer September 5, 2013 at 8:23 am

Thanks, Denise! :)

42 Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl September 6, 2013 at 1:21 am

I am a Halloween lover so I totally go to Target multiple times a week to look for their decorations! Last week they had one box of candy, I’m going to tomorrow to check in! And also I would like to eat every single one of these doughnuts!

43 Jennifer September 6, 2013 at 8:24 am

Yay for another Halloween lover! :)

44 Yvonne @ bitter baker September 7, 2013 at 3:59 pm

These donuts look AWESOME!! I want one. Or two.

45 Jennifer September 17, 2013 at 9:38 am

Or even three? ;)

46 Yvonne @ bitter baker September 17, 2013 at 10:11 am

Hmm. Yes. I think I can do three!

47 Tamara Coleman September 17, 2013 at 7:34 pm

How incredibly easy and yummy! Gotta love what can biscuits can turn out :)

48 Jennifer September 17, 2013 at 8:36 pm