Normally, I’m all gung-ho about Halloween. It is my second favorite holiday, after all.
But, with the preparations for our little one’s arrival, this fabulous holiday has been put on the back burner of our lives.
Case in point – our Halloween decorations.
Normally, our house looks like this every Halloween:
I freakin’ love it! But, between baby classes and preparing freezer meals, not to mention my husband’s cray-cray work schedule (he’ll be working 6 days a week, night shifts, until the baby is here), I don’t think the decorations are going to make it up this year.
That makes me a sad panda.
Now, my “bugs and kisses” Halloween treat bags won’t make any sense. *tear*
So, instead, I made some frozen Snicker’s peanut butter lasagna! I made this before my GD diagnosis, so I actually got to enjoy it! No lasagna noodles here – just creamy, delicious layers of cookies, peanut butter pudding, peanuts, caramel, and Snicker’s pieces. It will make your Halloween a bit sweeter!
- 20 chocolate sandwich cookies
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- ⅔ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- ½ cup caramel sauce
- 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups Snicker’s Bites
- Crush chocolate sandwich cookies. Mix in melted butter and press into a well-greased 8×8 pan.
- Beat together the cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar, peanut butter and milk. Fold in Cool Whip and spoon over cookie crust.
- Sprinkle peanuts over cream cheese layer, followed by the caramel sauce.
- Using a double boiler, melt together the semi-sweet chocolate and heavy cream together until smooth, shiny, and warm. Poor over entire lasagna.
- Sprinkle Snicker’s Bites on top of ganache layer. Freeze for several hours. Serve.