Do you have any cookbooks on your holiday wishlist? Well, I’d love to play Santa for you! Let’s see what I’ve got in my big, ‘ol gift sack…
1. Frostings by Courtney Dial Whitmore, the creative genius behind the insanely popular entertaining website Pizzazzerie. Filled to the brim with every frosting recipe you could ever need!
2. Peanut Butter Comfort by Averie Sunshine. A cookbook dedicated to my favorite spread? Sign me up (and check out Averie’s blog too!)
3. The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook by Deb Perelman. The one and only Deb Perelman’s masterful cookbook.
4. The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays. Everybody’s favorite country gal has done it again with a wonderful seasonal cookbook!
How does that sound? Not a bad haul!
Enter using the Rafflecopter widget below – US residents only for this one! You have until Saturday, December 14 to enter!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
So, did you know that newborns take up, like, ALL of your time? I consider the day a win if I brush my teeth AND put on a new shirt! To make things a bit easier while the wee one is still…well…wee, I’ve enlisted a couple wonderfully talented bloggers to share fun recipes with you! First up is Lisa from The Bearfoot Baker, who is the sweetest gal you could ever hope to meet. Plus, she is uber talented to boot (check out these AMAZING Santa cookies that can hang on your mug!)
Take it away, Lisa!
Hi! My name is Lisa and am the baker and cookie maker over at The Bearfoot Baker Blog . I am so happy to be here today because I am a huge fan of Jennifer. I fell in love with her and her style the first time I saw something she made. We have become blog friends and I am so thankful for that. When she asked me to do a guest post for her, I was very excited and knew I wanted to make something she would love. I remembered seeing her Candy Cane Surprise Meringues and knew I wanted to make Santa hat meringues.
I love to make meringues because they are very easy to make with only three ingredients.
Supplies for Meringue Santa Hats:
4 egg whites room temperature
3/4 cup of sugar
1-2 drops of peppermint oil
Wilton “No Taste Red” Icing Color
Ateco Large Cupcake Decorating tips: I used the largest French Star and the largest Round tip from this set.
Edible Snowflake Candy-I have seen these at Michael’s, Joann’s and Cracker Barrel
Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place the egg whites into a mixer attached with the whisk attachment until the egg whites are stiff enough to form peaks. Add the sugar and peppermint flavoring and mix for about a minute and a half.
- Divide the meringue into 2 bowls.
- Color one with the red gel paste until you get the desired red you want. AmeriColor Super Red will have a bit of a bitter taste to it so I prefer to use the Wilton “No Taste Red.”
- Place the white meringue into a piping bag fitted with the large round tip.
- Place the red meringue into a piping bag fitted with the large French star tip.
- Pipe white circles onto a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
For the top of the hat:
- Pipe the red meringue onto the white circles.
- Hold the bag perpendicular to the baking sheet.
- With the tip close to the white meringue, apply gentle pressure to the piping bag letting the red meringue reach the edges of the white circle.
- Continue to squeeze as you slowly lift the bag away from the baking sheet.
- Stop applying pressure and give a quick pull to form a peak at the top of the hat.
- Bake the meringue Santa Hats for 2 hours and let cool to room temperatures.
- Once they cool, cut a slit into the top with a sharp knife.
- Add a snowflake and step back and admire your work.
These are very easy to make and your guests will love them.
Thanks so much Jennifer for allowing me to hang out with you all today. I had a blast!
***Enter my giveaway for a gift certificate to Catching Fireflies!***
It’s the most wonderful time of the year!
Except – you wouldn’t know it at our house. [Keep reading…]
Have you heard of Catching Fireflies? It is a fabulous site of unique and charming gifts – I could spend hours perusing all of their fun offerings! From fun kitchen gadgets to cute office accessories, you can find a gift for just about anyone – or something for yourself!
I’m excited to give away a $43 gift certificate to Catching Fireflies. Why $43 you ask? Because it is unexpected and quirky – just like their store! They are also offering a promo code for my readers for 20% off their purchase (expires on January 2) – just use the coupon code COOKIE at checkout!
Here are some things that caught my eye:
Life’s Short, Eat Cookies Wooden Spoon: perfect for the cookier/baker in your life!
Gurgle Pots: a super unique and lovely item! Makes a charming gurgling sound when poured. Love the colors too!
Pink Box Sign: I immediately wanted this for Seraphina’s room!
Pinch, Smidgen, and Dash Measuring Spoons: I mean, who actually knows how much a dash is? Now you never have to second guess! I love the bird details too.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
It’s that time of year again!! I absolutely LOVE holiday giveaways and I’ll be having giveaways every week until Christmas again this year. Come back every week for a chance to win something awesome!
To kick things off this year, I HAD to procure a set of these hilarious cupcake molds:
I mean, really, I had to!
And since the holidays can be a little stressful, take it out on a cupcake!
When your aunt Phyllis insists on telling you the same story for the 100th time or when your mom makes you wear those adult footie pajamas because they are “just darling!”, just squeeze this sucker and feel the tension leave your body!
This giveaway is open worldwide!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
If I had to sum up this popcorn in one word it would be… [Keep reading…]